The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Discover the beautiful marine life that inhabits St. Lucia’s waters without bulky scuba gear and then explore the historic Pigeon Island. On this excursion you will:
- Take a 30-minute ride to Pigeon Island, a picturesque 44-acre island reserve.
- Receive a pre-dive orientation, including many useful snorkeling skills and your Snuba gear.
- Enter the water from a gently sloping sandy beach and, with the air supply floating on the surface, you will explore the underwater world in a comfortable and calm guided tour.
- See that the waters surrounding Pigeon Island offer a variety of tropical fish and marine life including flounder, blue tangs, parrot fish, squirrel fish, spiny lobsters, arrow crabs, octopus, and coral such as barrel sponges and brain coral.
- Swim along the surface of the water or descend to a maximum depth of 20 feet to see the marine life up close; there is no need to surface for air or tussle with bulky equipment.
- Have one hour to explore the history of Pigeon Island or just relax on one of the two beautiful white sand beaches.
- Learn that the Pigeon Island National Landmark is heralded as one of the most important monuments of St. Lucia’s history; it was a key factor in the battles between the French and the British over St. Lucia.
- Walk through the ruins of military buildings and learn the history of the island at the Museum and Interpretive Center, housed in the former British Officers’ mess building.
- Take a hike up to the hilltop ruins of Fort Rodney for a panoramic view of the ocean and coastline.
- Reboard your bus for the journey back to your ship.
Note: Minimum age is 8 years. Pregnant women and guests with back/neck injuries or heart/respiratory conditions are not permitted on this excursion. Please refer to the Tour Operator's Diving Policy listed in the Shore Excursions Terms and Conditions prior to booking. Bottled water is provided after the Snuba dive. Snacks and drinks are available for purchase at a restaurant near the dive site. Sunscreen, a swimsuit and a beach towel are recommended.