Paddle across the largest saltwater lagoon in the Antilles on a guided kayak expedition. Board your transportation for a scenic drive to beautiful Simpson Bay Lagoon. Upon arrival receive a kayaking lesson and safety orientation before setting off on your sit-on-top kayak. At a leisurely pace, follow your guide across the largest saltwater lagoon in the Antilles and marvel at the magnificent mega yachts that make St. Maarten their winter base from November to April. During your paddle your guide points out sights of interest, including the imaginary water border between the Dutch and French sides of the island. A brief rest stop gives you a chance to rest your muscles as well as learn about the island’s vibrant history and the lagoon’s complex ecosystem before you paddle to Kim Sha beach for an approximately 30-minute swim. The kayak paddle also ends at Kim Sha Beach. Enjoy a complimentary beverage prior to your return to the pier.
- Participants should be good swimmers and physically fit.
- There is a weight restriction of 250 pounds.
- Children under 9 years old may not participate.
- The kayaking session will take approximately 1 hour, however this is dependent on the overall ability of each participant.
- Please wear swimwear underclothes, take a hat, sunglasses, towel and non-oil sunscreen.
- Water shoes are recommended, however you will be requested to remove shoes while in the kayak.
- You’ll be required to wear a life jacket.
- Before you book this tour you must refer to the ‘Activity Excursion’ and ‘Beach / Water Related’ paragraphs under the Guide to Symbols in this brochure.