Bahamas Seafood Culinary Experience
Freeport, The BahamasBack to Excursion Results
Enjoy a panoramic view of beach and ocean while learning how to prepare traditional Bahamian sea food delicacies first used by the ninth century Lucayan Indians.
With the ocean and beach as a backdrop learn to prepare and enjoy traditional Bahamian sea food delicacies.
On this tour you will:
- Travel by air-conditioned bus to the Junkanoo Beach Club and be entertained on the way with a narrated mini tour of Freeport and environs.
- View a demonstration of the traditional methods of harvesting sea food past on by the ninth century Lucayan Indians.
- Be guided in the preparation of various dishes by your chef at your fully equipped individual work station.
- Sit down with family and friends and enjoy the four course meal you have just prepared. Meal will consist of many old Bahamian favorites that are just as delicious and appealing today as they were centuries ago. Lemonade, ice tea, water, coffee and tea are also served. The beach club also features a full restaurant and bar. Bahamian brewed beer is available at discounted prices.
- Spend your remaining time relaxing on a beautiful, quiet beach and enjoying free use of beach chairs, kayaks, and pedal boats. Also visit the nearby souvenir vendors.
Note: Guests will be required to stand during preparation of dishes but ample seating is available nearby. Minimum age is 11 years and although there is no maximum age discretion should be used. There are no vegetarian options but fish can be substituted for some of the dishes. Please bring swimsuits, towels and sunscreen lotion.