Reykjavik is your gateway to some of Iceland’s greatest natural wonders, which range from fields of ice to the boiling thermal pools you can find alongside lava fields. In a modern, cosmopolitan city like Reykjavik, with some of the most sophisticated technology in the world, it’s easy to forget there’s serious history afoot, so check out the stories of the Vikings who once — like you — sailed Iceland, at one of the city’s many museums.
- Set off on a glacier adventure and experience amazing frozen landscapes firsthand.
- Submerge into the steamy, mineral-rich, geo-thermal waters at beautiful Blue Lagoon.
- Discover a crystalline underwater paradise when you snorkel between two tectonic plates at Thingvellir National Park.
- Visit Krysuvic for a most impressive display of steam vents and hot springs of colored mud known as solfataras.
- Dive deep into Viking lore at Vikingaheimar.