Carnival Cruise Line Refund* and Cancellation Policy for COVID-19
The following information applies to all sailings scheduled during the declared Public Health Emergency
involving COVID-19. Except as specifically stated below, or as otherwise provided in the Ticket Contract for
your cruise, the standard cancellation policies and penalties described in the Ticket Contract apply.
Cruise Cancelled by Carnival
- If your cruise is cancelled by Carnival or boarding is delayed by twenty-four (24) hours or more due to
government order or declaration of Public Health Emergency, you are entitled to a refund of the amount paid
to Carnival within 180 days, or an optional Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”).
Cruise Cancelled by Guest
- If, following a declaration of a Public Health Emergency, you cancel a booking for a cruise scheduled during
the declared emergency, or must cancel your booking because you are prohibited from traveling to the vessel
due to a governmental travel restriction, but the cruise is not cancelled, you are entitled to a FCC for the
amount paid to Carnival. In all other cases our standard cancellation policy will apply, as set forth in the
Ticket Contract for your cruise.
- If you, your family members living with you in the same household or travelling companions assigned to the
same stateroom cancel a cruise booking due to testing positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of embarkation,
you and they are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Carnival. If guest has close contact with a
positive or suspected COVID-19 case within 14 days of embarkation, and Carnival deems you are unfit to
travel, you are eligible for a FCC.
- To qualify for the FCC, if your COVID-19 test was administered by a provider other than one retained by
Carnival, you must present your verified positive test result in a form acceptable to Carnival.
Denial of Embarkation or Reboarding; Quarantine and/or Disembarkation
- If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are denied embarkation or
reboarding, or quarantined or disembarked during the voyage, due to a positive COVID-19 test or being
suspected of having COVID-19, you and they are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Carnival in the
event of denial at embarkation, or a pro-rated refund of the unused portion of your Cruise Fare in all other
- Guests denied embarkation or reboarding, or who are disembarked or quarantined
during the voyage, for failure to comply with the
Carnival COVID-19 Guest Protocols in effect at the time of the cruise, shall not be entitled to a
refund or compensation of any kind. Please refer to the Ticket Contract issued for your cruise for complete
*All refund requests must be made within six months of the scheduled embarkation date
or you will only be entitled to a Future Cruise Credit for the amount specified.