Long Beach (Los Angeles), CA
A short drive from LA you’ll find Long Beach, a city that’s inseparable from its big-city neighbor while undeniably moving to its own local beat. Dotted with dozens of parks, beaches and multiple public golf courses (fore times five!), this SoCal city also boasts perhaps the world’s most unique hotel — located aboard the old-time ocean liner The Queen Mary (which is haunted, or so go the rumors). But definitely don’t miss the glitzy, big-city Los Angeles — the right place to experience the left-coast life. Take in the storied sights of this City of Angels, from its modern museums and high-end shopping to its funky seaside towns and star-studded sights dotting the hills and boulevards. Hollywood — hooray!
- Climb aboard the Queen Mary, a glamorous 1930s ocean liner.
- Find your favorite star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Stroll through the art and antiquities of the Getty Center.
- Take the backlot tour of Universal Studios for a look at Hollywood mythmaking.
- Gaze into the starry night sky through the Griffith Observatory’s giant telescope.