The award-winning Half Moon Cay takes home another prize!
We’re thrilled and honored to announce that Half Moon Cay, our private island destination in The Bahamas, has been named “Best Private Island” for the 20th year in a row! Readers of Porthole Cruise Magazine voted for their 2020 readers’ choice awards, and Half Moon Cay kept its #1 spot, yet again.
What makes this award so special is Porthole’s readers are some of the most avid and knowledgeable cruisers anywhere in the world. And this trustworthy endorsement is just one of many reasons why Half Moon Cay should be at the top of your 2022 travel list.
A Long Winning Streak
This private paradise has a long history of travel awards. In fact, it also won “Best Specialty Restaurant” for the Pinnacle Grill and “Best Shore Excursions” this year as well according to Porthole’s readers!
Other publications have taken notice too, and Half Moon Cay was awarded Trip Advisor’s 2020 Traveler’s Choice Best of the Best. Travel Weekly crowned Half Moon Cay as “Best Private Island” in 2017 and 2018, and it won a “Cruisers’ Choice” award from Cruise Critic in 2019.
What Keeps Guests Coming Back?
Alright, enough of the accolades. Why does everyone think Half Moon Cay is so great? Well, it could have something to do with:
- Powdery white sand beaches with clear Caribbean waters and laid-back fun island atmosphere.
- Guided horseback riding on land, visiting the highest point of the island, and in the ocean too!
- Delectable dishes at the Tropics Restaurant and fresh seafood at the Lobster Shack.
- Shore excursions for everyone—from petting stingrays to snorkeling, kayaking, and biking.
- Private cabanas where you can kickback seaside, plus private villas with air conditioning, full kitchens, and hot tubs!
There are many other reasons to love Half Moon Cay, which is why well-traveled cruisers and first-time visitors alike consistently rate the private island as top-notch. When you’re making your 2022 travel list, be sure to include this Bahamian award-winner!