While you might choose a cruise for the exotic destinations, onboard activities are half the fun of a cruise vacation. For those days at sea, or for your before and after dinner entertainment on the ship, Carnival has a wide selection of onboard bars in all shapes and sizes.
A Bar for Every Cruiser
To help you select a cruise bar (or two or three) that fits your travel style, we’ve classified Carnival’s 8 must-visit bars as:
- Poolside Fun: The name says it all. These bars are within a hop and a skip from the pool, so you never have to get out of your swimsuit to enjoy a frosty beverage.
- Pub-Style: When you just want to while away a few hours in a casual setting, look no further than the onboard pubs.
- Sports Fans: You may be thousands of miles away from your home team, but that doesn’t mean you can’t catch the game.
- Nighttime Fun: Keep going into the wee hours at these bars that offer a variety of party vibes.
- Family-Friendly: Carnival knows that sometimes you just want a beer when you’re with your family. Or maybe you need a place to chill away from your cabin and the onboard activities. We are happy to provide a number of bars where the kids are also welcome.
- Relaxed and Intimate: For those occasions when you want to impress your date or just have a quiet glass of wine or a cocktail, look for these special bars.
The Must-Visit Bars
While not all bars are on all ships, every ship is sure to have a bar you can call your own.
1. Alchemy Bar
Are you a cocktail connoisseur? Then the Alchemy Bar is the place for you. Our master mixologists have concocted some really special drinks; be sure to try the Cucumber Sunrise or the Deal Closer. Better yet, participate in the Alchemy Martini Tasting or join in a mixologist competition to wow the whole ship with your beverage-making talent.
Great for: Relaxed and Intimate; Nighttime Fun
2. BlueIguana Tequila Bar
Hop out of the pool and into the BlueIguana Tequila Bar for a refreshing cold one. This slice of Mexico serves frozen tequila cocktails such as margaritas. If tequila’s not your thing, there’s lots of Mexican beers to choose from.
Great for: Poolside Fun
3. Casino Bar
While the casino games are loads of excitement, it’s also fun to step away from the table for a refreshing drink at the Casino Bar. This bar serves beer, wine and cocktails, so everyone can enjoy their favorite drink.
Great for: Nighttime Fun
4. Havana Bar
Revel in a Cuban vibe at the Havana Bar. Sip handcrafted Cuban-style daiquiris, mojitos or café Cubano. This hopping venue opens early and lets you keep dancing well into the night.
Great for: Family-Friendly; Nighttime Fun
5. Piano Bar
What’s more fun than karaoke? The Piano Bar! Gather your friends around your favorite piano player, who’s more than happy to play your favorite songs and get everybody singing along.
Great for: Nighttime Fun
6. RedFrog Pub
Sit back and soak up the Key West vibe in the RedFrog Pub. Enjoy Caribbean snacks to go along with your ThirstyFrog Red, the pub’s own private-label brew. Or choose from a full menu of domestic, international and craft beers. Bring your buddies or your kids and challenge them to a game of foosball or shuffleboard.
Great for: Pub-Style; Family-Friendly
7. RedFrog Rum Bar
Get your favorite Caribbean cooler just steps from the pool at the RedFrog Rum Bar. Rum drinks, beer and music are all on the menu, day and night. Be sure to order a beer bucket because a bucket of 4 will save you three more trips to the bar.
Great for: Poolside Fun; Nighttime Fun
8. Sports Bar/SkyBox Sports Bar
If you love sports, be sure to check out the Sports Bar, where you can follow your team or just enjoy the man-cave atmosphere. Bring your kids along to the SkyBox Sports Bar and let them beat you at a game from the latest video game titles.
Great for: Sports Fans; Family-Friendly; Pub-Style
Wherever you’ve chosen to cruise to — Mexico, the Caribbean, Bahamas or Hawaii — one of the cruise activities you’re sure to enjoy the most is the onboard bars. There’s a bar for everyone on our cruises, no matter what type of drink you like. Daytime or nighttime, these bars are open to serve and entertain you while you travel to your destination.
Note: Bars vary by ship.