Lamanai is one of the largest and most excavated Mayan Site in Northern Belize. Explore these ancient Mayan ruins and climb to the top of one of the largest ceremonial temples in Meso-America. Your adventure will begin when you hop aboard a comfortable air-conditioned bus for a one hour drive through the scenic Belize River Valley. Pass through historic villages, which were the original settlements of the colony of British Honduras, on the way to Ayinha Eco Park. You will board a speedboat for a 30 minute cruise of the New River Lagoon in route to Lamanai, once the largest Mayan ceremonial site in Meso-America and occupied as early as 1500 B.C. Upon completion of the tour at Lamanai, return to Ayinha. While there, you can enjoy facilities including restaurants, bars and a gift shop. Enjoy a tasty Belizean style lunch, cooked with local coconut oil and seasoned to perfection.
- Light cool clothing, comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, a hat and insect repellant are recommended.
- The minimum age to attend this tour is 5 years old.
- Walking will be on gravel travel trails and inclined surfaces.
- Guests with heart conditions, back or neck problems may want to seek medical advice before signing up for this tour.
- The bus ride might get bumpy based on weather conditions.