Relive the adventures of Captain Henry Morgan at the San Lorenzo Fort and visit the Panama Canal.
On this excursion you will:
- Begin your journey with a scenic motor coach ride through the lush rain forest en route to the one of the largest forts built in Panama, the San Lorenzo Fort.
- Traverse a drawbridge across the Gatun Locks to reach the fort, you will have the opportunity to see the walls of the chambers at close range and the Caribbean Sea.
- Enjoy a walking tour of this 16th century fortress, with amazing views of the Chagres River and the Caribbean Sea.
- Learn the history of the pirates and buccaneers that sailed these waters for centuries and Captain Morgan’s attack on San Lorenzo.
- Enjoy exploring the forts Gatun Locks lookout area to view the Canal’s largest set of locks.
Note: A light snack and water are included. This excursion involves walking over uneven ground. Comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen and a hat are recommended. Guests must be able to climb several steps at the Gatun Locks. Be advised there may be up to a 30 minute wait to cross the Gatun Locks if ships are going through the canal.