Mayan Ritual: Spoil yourself with this Mayan holistic experience, releasing energies and opening for a spiritual cleanse. A shaman will lead you through the process in a unique 80-minute ceremony of six essential steps:
- Copal Cleansing (10 minutes): Feel released and purified with an ancient technique the shaman practices to ask the Mayan Gods for permission and start the ceremony.
- Herbal Bath (15 minutes): Enjoy your warm water tub while the therapist massages your shoulders, up to your neck and head. Embrace the aromatic scents and heal with this ancient therapy.
- The Temazcal (15 minutes): This step will take you to the center of the earth and turn you into a better version of yourself. Open and release any negativity while you experience this Mexican heritage while sitting in a traditional sweat lodge.
- Organic Clay Mask Ritual (10 minutes): It’s time to pamper your skin. Refine your pores, clear away excess impurities, and give your face and body a natural radiance.
- Coconut Bath (15 minutes): Let the view of the Caribbean Sea mesmerize your eyes while the bath renews your body.
- Hammock massage (15 minutes): This can only be experienced in Costa Maya. Feel relieved as your back loosens up during a Mayan massage in a traditional hammock, made by local artisans’ hands.
- Access to VIP port area.
- Towel during activity.
The Best Price Guarantee Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Requirements & Restrictions: Minimum age – 12 years. Allergies to herbs and high temperature tolerance should be considered. For safety reasons, pregnant women and guests with back or neck injuries, history of seizures, recent surgeries, heart or respiratory conditions such as asthma may not participate on this excursion.
What to Bring: Bathing suit and cash or credit/debit card for additional purchases.
Good to Know: The Select Retreat & Mayan Wellness activity takes place in the port area. Guests will be able to use the port facilities upon availability. Guests may walk back to the ship at leisure. This tour can accommodate a maximum of six guests for more comfort.