Experience the ancient Mayan paradise kingdom of Tulum, a majestic city rising high above the magnificent crystal blue Caribbean Sea. You'll start your journey by taking a ferry boat to Playa Del Carmen and then board an air-conditioned bus for a narrated 1-hour ride to Tulum. En route to Tulum, there will be a short comfort/shopping stop. On this excursion, you'll discover where Mayan history meets the gorgeous colors of the Caribbean sea, and one of the best beaches in the area. Your guide will show you around this former Mayan trade site, located on a cliff overlooking the sea. You'll have a chance to admire the main temples of "El Castillo", the Temple of the Descendent God, the Maya Water Template, and the Temple of the Frescoes. After your guided tour ends, you'll have 1.5 hours of free time to explore Tulum on your own. After exploring, a light snack and bottle of water will be provided before ending the tour.
- Not suitable for wheelchairs or those with walking difficulties.
- An optional trolley from the bus to the entrance is available for US $5 per person.
- Tulum Beach may be closed during bad weather. Guests cannot touch the ruins and must stay on the guided path.
- Comfortable clothing, shoes, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen & cameras are recommended.
- The Mexican government will collect US $4 from guests who wish to take video with a Video Camera, GoPro or Tablet at the ruins.
- No tripods, drones or professional video equipment is permitted.
- On Cozumel Plus itineraries the tour duration will be 8 hours.