The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
A magical marine world is yours to explore when your Carnival® cruise calls on Cozumel, Mexico. This Beginner’s Scuba Diving in Cozumel shore excursion is tailor-made for rookie divers who prefer a gentle introduction to diving the deep.
Your undersea adventure starts on beautiful Sunset Beach, site of your Beginner’s Scuba Diving orientation. Experienced, bilingual PADI-certified dive instructors provide a thorough briefing on the rules and regulations of scuba diving and communicating under water by hand signals. Once you’ve fully absorbed the basics, it’s time to head into the water!
Led by your experienced instructor, you and up to three other guests walk out from the beach into the shallow water. When the water reaches chest-high, it’s time to strap on your fins and mask, and acclimate yourself to breathing from a regulator. Feeling confident? Get ready to take your first breath underwater in the clear, blue Caribbean seas!
Begin your 30-minute descent with your able instructor leading the way. The sparkling waters allow visibility of up to 100 feet. Look for lobsters, eels, crab, sand rays and colorful reef fish swimming amid beautiful coral formations and sea fans as you descend as far as 20 feet below the surface. Sunlight playing on the surface of the sea creates prisms of shimmering diamonds above, and the only noise you hear is the steady sound of your own breathing. You’re strolling through an undersea paradise!
Once your dive is over and you’re back on land, take a minute to identify some of the marine life below on two giant posters provided by your instructor. Then you’re free to relax at Sunset Beach for the rest of the shore excursion. If you can’t get enough of Cozumel’s underwater riches, grab the free snorkeling equipment and head back to the reef for a swim. If you’re hungry, food and drink are available for purchase at Sunset Beach’s bar and restaurant. Then it’s time to head back from your Cozumel diving tour to your Carnival cruise.
Due to the nature and level of physical exertion involved in diving excursions, these excursions are not appropriate for individuals with certain medical conditions such as asthma, heart conditions, high blood pressure or serious diabetes. Contracted Independent Shore Excursion Operators require that all guests be able to participate safely in the shore excursion. If you have any medical condition that may affect your ability to participate safely in the diving excursion, please contact the Shore Excursion Manager prior to booking your excursion.
- Minimum age for participation is 10 years.
- Guests must complete and pass a medical questionnaire/waiver in order to participate in the scuba dive.
- No prior PADI certification necessary.
- Instruction counts toward PADI certification.
- All necessary equipment provided as part of the Beginner’s Scuba Diving excursion.
- Wetsuit optional, at an additional cost of $10.
- Remove non-biodegradable sunscreen before entering water.
- Food and drink are not included on this excursion.
- Free snorkeling equipment is also available.
- The use of underwater cameras is prohibited on this Cozumel shore excursion.
- We recommend the use of protective UV clothing and reef-friendly sunscreen to help protect the environment and reef systems. (Available in the Onboard Shops)