Make a positive impact by visiting San Miguel Village to meet with Mayan descendants, learn about age-old traditions and help the local community by participating on this tour! You will visit a local church to meet the guardians of this place of worship. Then, you will visit the highlight of the tour. You will visit an orphanage and meet the amazing people who work there and learn about how your visit supports their efforts. Finally, you will go to a local market to discover the home-grown flavors and culinary traditions of the Mayan community. Enjoy a delicious Mexican lunch at a local restaurant for all guests. Going to a new place has the power to change you and this will leave a memorable impression.
- Please be advised donations are not allowed as per customs regulations.
- We will visit local areas so it’s important to respect the traditions of the island, dress suitably and only carry essentials.
- Picture taking will not be allowed during the orphanage visit.
- Please have your shoulders covered when entering the church.
- Not all the kids may be at the orphanage at the moment of the visit, this is due to their different activities (this place is completely different from a regular orphanage).