The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Prepare to make some unforgettable memories on this close encounter with dolphins —a truly special experience that is sure to be a major highlight of your cruise to The Bahamas.
This educational and interactive dolphin encounter in Freeport begins with a short bus ride to the UNEXSO facility in Port Lucaya. Then, you’ll take a 20- minute boat ride through the canal systems of Grand Bahama Island to arrive at Sanctuary Bay, a natural 9-acre lagoon and home to fourteen Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins.
The Dolphin Close Encounter is a great way to learn about these dolphins while they splash and jump around you. You will also have the opportunity to step onto a 3 ft. deep submerged platform, where you can pet, kiss and hug a dolphin.
Watch the wonder and awe on your family and friends’ faces as they meet these magnificent creatures and savor your own meet and greet as well. When you return to the ship still beaming, you’ll understand that this dolphin experience in Freeport is a Bahamian shore excursion worthy of your bucket list.
- This Excursion does not offer an Observer / Ride-Along option. All guests wishing to attend must purchase a ticket.
- All ages are welcome. Guests under age 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
- Tanning oils and excessive amounts of sunscreen are not permitted.
- For the safety of the dolphins, please remove jewelry.
- The platform depth is approximately 44", any child unable to stand flat footed on the platform without assistance will need to be held by an accompanying parent or guardian.