The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
What better way to enjoy Alaska than to experience a team of powerful huskies pulling you through the great backcountry wilderness!
*Prices may vary by sailing
What better way to enjoy Alaska than to experience a team of powerful huskies pulling you through the great back country wilderness!
On this exciting excursion you will:
- Get a glimpse of a truly northern pastime. Learn about the life of sled dogs and their musher and see these dogs in action when they pull you on a fast and thrilling summertime ride.
- As you head out of Juneau and across to the island of Douglas, your guide will acquaint you with the history of this community.
- At the kennels, you will meet the dogs and climb onto a wheeled sled, custom made for running during the snow-less summer months.
- The husky team will whisk you along a wooded trail through some of southeast Alaska’s beautiful temperate rain forest. Spruce and hemlock trees and 12” thick spagma moss surround you on this unique one mile ride.
- Then, sit down and enjoy a presentation, have refreshments and cuddle with some adorable husky puppies.
- Before heading back, you can wander through the musher’s camp with your guide and learn about the equipment, hard work, and great husky strength that go into the life of dog sledding in the wild, rugged North.
- Children aged 3 and older require a ticket.