This kayak excursion offers some of the most scenic views of the Mendenhall Glacier and Auke Bay.
On this exciting excursion you will:
- Upon arrival you'll be outfitted with life jackets and rain gear before beginning your adventure.
- Have guides show you the correct paddling techniques before boarding two-person kayaks for an excursion that will leave you wanting more.
- Learn the stable-yet-nimble kayaks will allow you to silently approach any wildlife in the area and give you a sense of how the famed Aleut Indians traveled the coastal waterways of Alaska in search of pelts for the Russian fur trading companies.
- Be led in groups of 5 to 6 kayaks to places such as the Mendenhall Wetlands where you may have the opportunity to view the Mendenhall Glacier from an ocean explorer's point of view.
- Have your guide explain the significance of places such as Smugglers Cove, the history of the surrounding area, and help identify local flora and fauna.