Get a fascinating glimpse into Kauai’s past by van with a visit to Grove Farm, a beautifully preserved 80-acre sugar plantation homestead, followed by a ride on the Kauai Plantation Railway.
- Acquired in 1864 by George Wilcox, Grove Farm was one of the earliest Hawaiian sugar plantations on Kauai.
- You will experience the gracious old Wilcox home, with its elegantly furnished large rooms cooled by breezes from shaded verandas.
- Magnificent koa wood floors, wainscoting and hand crafted furniture of native woods adorn the home.
- Following the museum visit, you will travel to Kilohana Plantation for a ride on the Kauai Plantation Railway.
- This narrow gauge railway will carry you comfortably through almost 100 acres of orchards and animal pastures.
- Enjoy some free time to explore the unique stores and galleries here, as well as some Koloa rum tasting.