Gear up for an authentic fishing excursion in the unspoiled wilderness of Alaska's southeastern coastline. This tour is customized for any interest and skill level with just five guests per skiff. You'll board an open-air boat and glide into a breathtaking landscape. Your guide leads you to secluded locations for wildlife viewing and remote fishing. You’ll experience the thrill of bottom fishing and the exhilaration of landing rockfish, red snapper, lingcod or even a Pacific halibut. You’re almost certain to reel in a catch or two - this excursion is renowned for the highest catch rate of any Alaska fishing experience. Your skiff heads to a wilderness campsite where a crackling fire awaits. You’ll experience this outdoor culinary adventure as the camp cook prepares your freshly caught fish served atop a saffron-infused bouillabaisse. It’s no wonder Food & Wine magazine called this "The world’s best camp meal ever."
- Minimum age is 5.
- Participants may not exceed 300 lbs.
- Participants must be physically active; the tour requires covering uneven terrain.
- Please remember you are purchasing the opportunity to catch fish, not a guarantee of doing so.
- A fishing license is required and can be purchased onboard your boat for $25 cash per person. Children under 16 are not required to purchase a license.
- A King Salmon fishing license can be purchased for $15.
- Bottom fishing is done by mooching or jigging bait off the ocean floor, typically in 200-400 feet of water, while the boat is on anchor or drifting in one area.
- Each fisherman has use of their own rod and reel while fishing.
- Most caught fish is eaten at the remote campsite; however, your catch can be processed and shipped home for an additional charge as arranged by the tour operator. Because of its perishable nature and U.S. Customs regulations, your catch may not be sent outside of the United States in most cases.