Fill your senses with adventure and excitement as you take control of a 4-wheel drive Jeep Wrangler® and wind your way through the rugged back roads of Revillagigedo Island.
On this combination excursion you will:
- Be paired with traveling companions (4 to a jeep), and drive through the mountainous roads of the Tongass National Forest.
- Enjoy the scenery as your guide provides interesting commentary along the way.
- Be fascinated by the area's natural history as you pass through old growth and new-growth forests.
- Learn about the timber industry's reforestation methods while you stop for some fantastic views and photo opportunities.
- Arrive at Lake Harriet Hunt to cross a lake on a large, easy-to-paddle canoe.
- Be led, by your expert safari guide, on a nature hike through an old-growth forest.
- Stop at a remote camp for an Alaskan snack.
- Enjoy a short narrated transfer back to safari base camp and your ship.
Notes: Dress comfortably in warm clothing.
Excursion will operate in all weather conditions.
Drivers must be at least 25 years old, are required to show a current driver's license, and must sign a liability/insurance waiver.
Guests must be in moderate to good physical condition to participate in this excursion.
Children must weigh at least 40 pounds in order to fit into required life jackets while canoeing.
Bring your camera and a driver's license.