The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
The only drive-to-bear viewing tour in Ketchikan takes you on adventure of a lifetime, as you view black bears at the Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary. Your Naturalist leads you along a system of trails and elevated boardwalks in search of wild bears in the heart of the rainforest. Here, large concentrations of black bear gather to feed on the huge runs of spawning Pacific salmon in the stream running through the private sanctuary.
Bald eagle, seals, and other wildlife join the bears and can usually be seen feeding on the bountiful fish harvest. Keep your camera ready for a myriad of photo opportunities in this wildlife mecca. Patience is required for the best wildlife sightings and you will have plenty of time to observe the natural world from the viewing platforms. At the trail's end, see birds of prey close up at the Alaska Raptor Center exhibition, tour a historic sawmill and watch a Master Native Totem Carver at work before exploring his garden of completed totem poles.
- Minimum age is 12.
- Wildlife sightings are common, but not guaranteed.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and warm clothing.
- The trail covers approximately one mile, is a combination of elevated wooden boardwalk and gravel.
- Tour operates July 25 - September 30.
- Rain poncho provided, snack includes: Smoked salmon dip, crackers, coffee, tea, hot chocolate.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a guardian.