The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Enjoy exploring the wilderness of Alaska with the chance to spot some local wildlife, catch Dungeness crabs and enjoy a civilized crab feast in the comfort of the George Inlet Lodge, an old cannery house built over the fjord on stilts.
On this wonderful excursion you will:
- Begin your adventure with a scenic 30-minute transfer to the lodge, where you will be given foul weather gear and climb into a 36-foot catamaran for transport to the crab fishing grounds.
- Take an approximate 7-mile ride along the coast takes you past the George Inlet Cannery where your guides will teach you about fish traps and tell tales of the fish pirates that would rob the cannery of their fish.
- Pass an old gold mine and see the Mahoney Glacial Cirque. At the bottom of the Cirque there is a river that is host to bears, eagles, salmon as well as killer whales, sea lions and seals who frequent the area in search of fish.
- Cross the fjord from here to a remote estuary where you will be able to view the Tongass Rainforest in all of its beauty; the cove is also the location of the Dungeness Crab Fishery and host to all types of wildlife.
- Have the opportunity to see your guides pull up the crab pots and learn from your guides as they will teach you about the crab's life cycle and habitat.
- Help reset the pots and then it's off to George Inlet Lodge for a Dungeness Crab dinner.
- Be given a Dungeness Crab Fisherman Certificate before being transported back to your ship with great memories!
Note: Distance from transport drop-off to the entrance to the Lodge is a long distance. Please notify the Shore Excursions Desk if you have any walking difficulties.