The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Become absorbed in the rich living culture of Southeast Alaska’s Native Americans and witness a rip-roaring lumberjack competition on this comprehensive tour of Ketchikan.
On this fascinating excursion you will:
- Discover and learn about the Saxman Native Village, your first stop, where for generations, Tlingit villages have maintained a tradition of welcoming visitors in regal style.
- Learn that at Saxman guests are still afforded this same, time-honored welcome.
- See how tribal elders have passed on many of the traditions that have long defined the culture of Southeast Alaska.
- Watch a short video program that introduces the visitor to the culture and history of the Tlingit, guests then enter the Beaver Clan House where they are welcomed by song and dance.
- Be encouraged to participate in the final dance before moving on to the Saxman Totem Park, one the largest gatherings of totem poles in the world.
- Have your guide who will help unravel the mysteries of these towering, majestic poles that stand as sentries over the present generation.
- Visit the carving center where world famous carvers work and pass on their skills to eager apprentices before making a final stop in the gift shop to search for an authentic memento of your visit to Saxman.
- Return to Ketchikan and see sights of Creek Street and let the fun begin with a stop at the Great Alaska Lumberjack Show.
- Watch hardy lumberjacks bring to life Alaska’s colorful logging history with an action packed competition.
- Cheer on your team of World Champion lumberjacks in events such as chopping, axe throwing and tree climbing, all in the comfort of a heated outdoor arena.
Note: There may be a short wait prior to the Lumberjack Show, following your visit to Saxman. This time can be spent either in the rustic company store located at the Lumberjack Show or in the close vicinity of downtown Ketchikan.