Learn about Hawaii’s folklore and ancient legends as you travel on this fantastic excursion of Kona.
On this excursion you will:
- Learn about Hawaii's folklore as you travel along Ali’i Drive that traverses through the quaint village of Kailua- Kona.
- Continue your island journey south along the slopes of Mount Hualalai and catch a view of Keauhou Bay, the birthplace of Kamehameha III.
- Stop at Royal Kona Coffee Factory and have a spectacular view of Kealakekua Bay.
- Visit Pu’uhonua O Honaunau, also known as the “Place of Refuge”.
- Marvel at the city’s temple sitting on a 20-acre finger of lava bordered by the sea on all sides.
- Experience this sacred Hawaiian site now a National Historic Park dating back to the 16th century.
- Stop at St. Benedict’s “painted” Church, which dates back to 1899, home to vibrant and colorful religious murals.