Immerse yourself in Costa Rican traditions and the history of Limon in this unique chocolate-inspired experience.
On this excursion, you will:
- Begin with a 40-minute motor coach ride to the Cacao Trail property.
- View a classic ceremonial “tee pee” used by the Bribrí and Cabecar Indigenous healers as well as an artistic reproduction representing the lifestyle and history of the Afro-Caribbean settlers.
- Enjoy the opportunity to learn and participate in the chocolate-making process.
- See how the cacao bean is harvested, cooked, and prepared to create delicious chocolate which you will also sample.
- Visit the “burrocarril” station.
- Walk through an organic banana plantation and a sugarcane plantation before the journey back to your ship.
Note: Fresh fruits and water included. Comfortable closed-toe shoes, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended. The sequence of this excursion may vary.
The Best Price Guarantee Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Please see additional notes and information in Description below.