The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
This highly interactive excursion is a great way to discover the traditions, way of life, and natural beauty of Costa Rica.
/ Adult (ages 13 and over)
/ Child (ages 4 - 12)
*Prices may vary by sailing
This highly interactive excursion is a great way to discover the traditions, way of life, and natural beauty of Costa Rica. Begin with a 1¼-hour journey to the Bocuare Reserve, hidden away in the Star Valley of Limon. Meet the reserve owners and be divided into smaller groups. Cross a hanging bridge that leads you to the lagoon where your guided trek through the tropical jungle begins. Admire the magnificent trees Bocuare has, here you might see the over 85 registered bird species. Take a tractor pulled wagon to see the small village of Bocuare.
Continue your journey to see an old sugar mill. Learn how sugar cane was produced manually, help in the juice extraction and taste some sugar cane juice. Change into your swimsuit to enjoy the crystal waters of their swimming pool ideally located in the middle of the rain forest. Return to the Bocuare restaurant were a typical Costa Rica lunch will be served. This tour ends at the artisans market inside the Port Limon facilities, where you can browse for souvenirs.
- Tour involves considerable walking over uneven surfaces, climbing steps and crossing one low rise hanging bridge.
- Guests should be in fairly good health condition.
- Not recommended for guests with walking difficulties or children in strollers.
- Transfer duration to/from the port is approximately 1¼ hour.
- Comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, insect repellent, light clothing, swimsuit and please don't forget to bring your own towel, sunglasses, and rain gear are recommended.
- Credit cards are not accepted at the Bocuare Center.