This tour provides a rare opportunity to focus on photographing the stunning scenery of Skagway and the surrounding area with a local, professional photography guide. This is a small-group tour with only 6 passengers maximum. Your guide will select his favorite locations and provide you with ample time to set up the best shots. Depending on conditions, you may be shooting the dramatic scenery of the White Pass summit- a wonderland of azure lakes and stunted forests. Or you may travel along the scenic coastline towards the former gold rush town of Dyea.The emphasis is on learning and taking time for excellent photography, rather than the photography being incidental. Your guide will suggest shots, and help you get the most out of your camera. He will discuss issues such as composition, exposure, and depth of field. The goal is to find out your present level of photography, and introduce and advance you to the next level.The theme is flexibility, rather than adherence to a rigid schedule.
- This is a slower paced tour due to the time taken with each shot.
- This adventure crosses the US/ Canadian border; US and Canadian citizens must carry a passport and ship ID. All other nationalities must have a valid passport, visa and ship ID.
- This is a guide's choice tour so the above outline is an example of how the tour will be run.
- Feel free to bring a manual camera if you have one.
- Wildlife sightings are likely but are not guaranteed.