The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
Take the wheel of a four-wheel drive Kawasaki "Mule" and get ready for a real Alaskan wilderness adventure on the Takshanuk Mountain Trail!
/ Adult (ages 13 and over)
/ Child (ages 4 - 12)
*Prices may vary by sailing
Take the wheel of a four-wheel drive Kawasaki “Mule” and get ready for a real Alaskan wilderness adventure on the Takshanuk Mountain Trail!
- The journey begins with a scenic cruise aboard a high speed catamaran down North America’s longest and deepest fjord to Haines.
- Your guide will transfer you on a short and scenic ride to the Takshanuk (“land of falling waters”) trailhead where you will be shown how to operate your automatic transmission, four-wheel drive Mule, best described as a heavy-duty golf cart.
- The Mules are equipped with seat belts and have easy accessibility.
- Besides the adventurous, this tour allows semi-ambulatory guests or families with children to experience the breathtaking views from an unspoiled Alaskan mountain wilderness.
- Beautiful waterfalls and crystal clear creeks are just a part of the natural scenery you’ll drive through on your way to the panoramic views at the 1500 foot elevation sub-alpine meadows.
- On the way down, you’ll stop at an exclusive mountain top lodge to enjoy a warm fire, stunning views, and a gourmet lunch before descending the rest of the trail for the fast ferry cruise back to Skagway and your ship.
- Those wishing to drive the “Mule” must be 21 or older with a valid driver’s license.
- Tour duration includes transfer via fast ferry from Skagway to Haines, 40 minutes each way.