Board the St. Kitts Railway for a memorable journey around this beautiful island.
On this excursion you will:
- Board a bus at the pier and travel 10 minutes to the Train Station.
- Travel along the Northeastern coastline where fields of sugarcane stretch from the shoreline up to the mountains.
- Roll across tall steel bridges and wind through small villages and farms.
- See the entire island from the comfort of double-deck railcars where all guests have a seat on both levels of the railcar.
- Enjoy the upper level’s spacious open-air observation deck with panoramic views.
- Ride in air-conditioned comfort in the lower level as you gaze through the expansive vaulted windows.
- Feel the island ambiance with comfortable rattan furniture, complimentary specialty drinks and snacks, island music and a colorful narrative history of the Caribbean.
- Your experience is complimented by a scenic drive aboard the Scenic Railway’s sightseeing buses along the Southwestern coast.
- Enjoy the excellent vistas and take photos as you drive past Brimstone Hill Fortress, the British “Gibraltar of the West Indies", the tombstone in Middle Island where Thomas Jefferson’s great-grandfather is buried and Egrets nesting in the trees that looks like flowers on trees.
- On your scenic drive you can also enjoy the views of the neighboring island of Nevis, birthplace of American statesman Alexander Hamilton, the first Secretary of the U.S. Treasury.
- Disembark the train and travel back through the islands small villages for approximately 40 minutes back to the ship.