Setting off from the port, you’ll take a scenic drive to the community of Chassin and onto the Rainforest Adventure Park, located at the base of La Sorciere Mountain. Upon arrival, you’ll meet your guide and begin a gradual ascent into the lush rainforest. You’ll make your way along the Jacquot Trail, named after the Amazona Parrot that is St Lucia’s proud symbol. During your hike, your guide will provide interesting facts on the flora and fauna of the rainforest. As you cross ravines look out for giant ferns and remarkable epiphytes, as well as a host of birdlife. You may also be lucky enough to catch sight of the Trail’s namesake. At the end of your hike, you’ll be offered a cooling refreshment, before the return drive to the port.
- Pregnant women and children under 8 may not participate.
- The tour is only for those in good physical condition.
- Closed toe footwear suitable for hiking is essential.
- It is recommended you take insect repellent, a bottle of water, a hat, sunscreen and a light waterproof jacket.
- Lockers are available for rent if required.
- The route can often become slippery and care should be taken.