A unique, multi-eco experience awaits you in St. Thomas’ Mangrove Wildlife Refuge & Marine Sanctuary.
On this excursion you will:
- Kayak, snorkel, and hike through a 16-acre uninhabited island with breathtaking views.
- Leave the pier in an open-air safari bus to the marina.
- Be provided with a safety briefing, instructions and equipment. Board your two-person sit-upon kayak and paddle through the tranquil waters and protected mangroves of the inner lagoon.
- Make three stops for informative explanations of the area’s ecology and wildlife along with amusing local folklore. Keep your eyes open for iguanas, egrets, herons, pelicans, and frigates.
- Leave your kayak at a scenic beach for an invigorating hike to Red Point cliffs, tidal pools and a blowhole.
- Don your mask and plunge into the fascinating underwater kingdom. See starfish, conchs, stingrays, and puffer fish as you explore a beautiful coral fringed mangrove nursery.
- Enjoy a snack and then glide your kayak back into the water for your return trip to the marina.