What’s better than a fun-in-the-sun cruise vacation with stops at exotic ports of call? Answer: one that features tasty craft beers. These days, many local brewers make beer in small batches with an emphasis on flavor and quality, and beer lovers looking for craft brews find just what they thirst for on a Carnival cruise.
Guy’s Pig and Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse | Brewhouse
Who knew you could find a craft brewery aboard a cruise ship? At Guy’s Pig and Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse ǀ Brewhouse, you can sit down with a pint of your favorite Parched Pig® beer in a rustic and comfortable setting. Brewed in house, this special selection of craft beers offers something for every cruiser.
- Parched Pig® Smoked Porter: Featuring wood-smoked grains and malts, the flavor of this dark beer offers a creamy, robust finish.
- Parched Pig® Farmhouse Ale: If you’re looking for something refreshing on an extra-warm day, try this complex blond ale containing hints of fruit and spice.
- Parched Pig® Toasted Amber Ale: A toasty-rich flavor with notes of sweet biscuit and creamy caramel make this amber ale a popular choice for Carnival cruisers.
- Parched Pig® West Coast IPA: Are you in the mood for a hoppy beer? Try this bright, slightly-bitter IPA with notes of citrus and pine.
While you’re enjoying your beer, don’t forget to try one of celebrity chef Guy Fieri’s specialty dishes featuring secret-recipe rubs and spices. Order up the blue ribbon chicken or prime rib, baby back ribs, the 18-hour beef brisket, championship pulled pork or the cedar plank salmon, all cooked low and slow for maximum flavor.
If your Carnival ship doesn’t feature this craft brewery, that’s okay. You can find ParchedPig® West Coast IPA and ParchedPig® Toasted Amber Ale in the can on every ship in the fleet. Enjoy them anywhere on board, from your stateroom to the pool deck.
Red Frog Pub & Brewery
If you’re seeking a relaxed vibe with a little Caribbean flair, stop in to the RedFrog Pub & Brewery for a ThirstyFrog® beer. This brewery-at-sea was the first of its kind, and judging from its popularity, it won’t be the last. Check out the array of craft beers you can find here (try a pint, a sampler of four or ask for a 101 oz. beer tube for sharing):
- ThirstyFrog® Red: Light, clean, frothy and a little bold, this craft beer offers balanced character and whispers of toasted malt.
- ThirstyFrog® Caribbean Wheat: With hints of spice and orange, this brew is as sunny as the weather on a tropical cruise. With its crisp, refreshing flavor, you’ll want more than one on a hot day.
- ThirstyFrog® Java Stout: Calling all coffee lovers: this stout beer features flavors of roasted java and dark chocolate for a bold, rich finish.
- ThirstyFrog® Port Hoppin’ IPA: Between ports, nothing quenches the thirst of craft beer lovers like this extra-hoppy IPA. Hints of tropical fruit offer a delicious fragrance and flavor.
Because the experts at RedFrog Pub & Brewery are always concocting new brews, make sure to ask your server about the ThirstyFrog® seasonal on tap. For a behind-the-scenes look at the beer-making process, check into a tour of the brewery, led by the brew master.
Want a ThirstyFrog® beer to go? Grab a 64 oz. growler and a few 20 oz. pint glasses to use on ship and keep as souvenirs.
Remember, this Carnival brewery isn’t all about the beer. You can enjoy spirits of all kinds, live music and mouthwatering pub grub to go with your beverages like crispy coconut shrimp, firecracker Jamaican wings and spicy conch fritters.
Additional Bars and Pubs
Find beer, wine and spirits at even more places aboard Carnival ships. These include:
- Alchemy Bar™
- Beer Station
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar™
- Casino Bar
- Havana Bar
- Piano Bar
- RedFrog Pub™
- RedFrog Rum Bar™
- RedFrog Tiki Bar™
- SkyBox Sports Bar
As good as the craft brews are aboard Carnival cruise ships, adult travelers cannot live on beer alone. Check out an array of cafes and restaurants, from casual to fancy.
In the morning, tickle your taste buds at Seaday Brunch. Have eggs any way you like them and scrumptious sides like sliced ham, cheesy grits, hash-browned potatoes and pork link sausage.
More Cruise Vacation Fun
For more fun in the sun aboard a Carnival cruise, make sure to see all your ship has to offer in the way of activities. If you’re a traveler looking for action and thrills, you won’t be disappointed with onboard attractions like Playlist Productions, WaterWorks and Sky Zone.
Want to find your bliss? Escape to Serenity Adult Only Retreat with your sweetheart or enjoy a massage or body wrap at Cloud 9 Spa. Make sure you make the most of exciting shore excursions when you pull into port, from exploring ancient ruins to zip lining through the rainforest.
Note: Onboard activities, shore excursions, and dining options may vary by ship and destination.