It’s tough when you’re stuck inside and dreaming of a tropical vacation, isn’t it? Hashtag: life lately. So while you’re waiting for (or planning for) your own tropical Caribbean getaway, why not pass the time with a little delicious tropical island treat? We love cranking up the space heater and serving a big bowl of tropical smoothie bowl deliciousness. Unfortunately, dragon fruit isn’t exactly piling up at the supermarket, but luckily it’s becoming more readily available in the frozen section. So just pick up a few packets of frozen dragonfruit next time you’re at the store and prepare your taste buds for a tropical treat. It’s almost like being on a Carnival cruise.
Tropical Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl Recipe
– 2 frozen dragon fruit packets
– 2 cups of cubed frozen pineapple
– 2 bananas (the riper the better— make it’s extra sweet and easier to digest, too!)
– And all your toppings! We like: granola, coconut flakes, hemp seeds and some extra chopped up fruit!
– Blend your frozen fruit and bananas in your high-speed blender. It should blend up super easily with your bananas in there, but if you feel it’s a bit tough to blend, feel free to add a splash of water or even some fresh pineapple to thin it out.
– Place in two bowls.
– Add your favorite toppings.
– And voila, spoon in mouth and dream of a delicious tropical getaway!
Kids love decorating, too 🙂 And I mean, who doesn’t love a food that’s naturally the brightest pink ever?! It’s like magic!
Try it out this winter: cozy fluffy sweaters, space heaters, creamy tropical deliciousness, eyes closed, mind on the prize: a tropical getaway. Cheers friends!
This post was created for Away We Go with Carnival, the destination for getting in the getaway state of mind.