Can you believe we’re giving away this recipe? Guy’s gonna be furious! (Just kidding. Guy thinks it’s cool and wants you to enjoy it.)
TOTAL TIME: 15 Min
Buy these ingredients and you’ll be almost Guy Fieri in no-time:
- 5 oz ground beef (80/20 blend)
- ½ oz cheese sauce (e.g. Velveeta)
- ½ oz thinly-sliced sweet onion
- 1½ oz finely-shaved iceberg lettuce
- 1 slice of American cheddar cheese
- 1 thin slice beefsteak tomato
- 3 paper-thin slices of kosher dill pickle
- 2 tbsp “Donkey Sauce” (recipe below)
- 1 large crispy onion ring
- 1 tbsp Guy Fieri Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce (available in stores)
- kosher salt, for seasoning
Here’s where Guy would normally make a joke about buns. We don’t know any bun jokes, so we’ll just give you the ingredients:
- 1 soft hamburger bun, split in half
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp garlic paste
Make the Donkey Sauce with these things (yields about 1 cup):
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup roasted garlic
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 4 pinches ground black pepper
Let’s Do This Thing:
Making the burger:
- Heat a flat-top grill or cast iron pan over very high heat. Form the ground beef into a tight ball and season with salt. Place hamburger ball on grill to sear for 45 seconds, then flatten with a heavy spatula to about ⅓ inch thickness.
- Cook for 90 seconds to develop a crust on the first side of the bottom. Flip over and cook on the second side for one minute to develop another crust. Add cheese sauce to the top of the hamburger and top the cheese sauce with a slice of cheese. (This is where it gets good.)
- Combine the garlic and melted butter. Brush the inside of bun halves with the mixture and toast on the grill or pan for 3-4 seconds, until golden and crisp. Flip and toast for 3-4 seconds so the outsides are also lightly toasted.
Making the sauce:
- Combine ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- That’s it — you just made Donkey Sauce!
Put it all together:
- Smear Donkey Sauce on the sliced side of both bun halves.
- Layer the base with pickle slices and the burger patty.
- Top burger with crispy onion ring, BBQ sauce, sliced onions, tomato and lettuce.
- Here’s the tough part: place the top half of the bun on top.
- Fancy bonus! Nope, none this time. This just isn’t a fancy-folks recipe… it’s for everybody.