Join us for a once-in-a-lifetime experience in Cancún as you snorkel with the biggest fish in the world, "the whale shark". These 30-feet-long creatures will leave you breathless! After a boat ride to the mainland and a comfortable van ride up to Cancuún, you will head north where the Whale Sharks are. More of these whale sharks have been congregating here in Cozumel than anywhere else on the planet. These docile giants, who migrate to the area around early-June and stay thru mid-September, can reach up to 40ft in length and have huge "box-like" mouths to trap plankton and marine life for food. You'll have a chance to swim alongside these incredible creatures, accompanied by your expert guide, and witness how these unique ocean dwellers live in their natural habitat.
- The minimum age for this tour is 8 years old.
- Maximum weight is 250 lbs
- Guests must be strong swimmers.
- As per local regulations, if there are 5 or less Whale-sharks in the area then no one is permitted to enter the water and this rule is strictly enforced.
- Pregnant women, guests with heart/respiratory conditions or illness, conditions that could cause loss of consciousness, neck and or back injuries, injuries that would prevent swimming are not permitted on this excursion.
- Transportation is approximately 2.5 hours one way.
- A light box lunch included on the way to activity and a snack and drink provided after.
- We recommend the use of protective UV clothing and reef-friendly sun screen to help protect the environment and reef systems. (Available in the Onboard Shops)