Board our custom designed halibut fishing boat and experience what many anglers dream of when planning an Alaskan vacation, fishing for Pacific Halibut. Imagine catching your first wild halibut with your friends or family and the bragging rights that will come with sharing this delectable fish back home. Unlike many other Alaska destinations, Ketchikan fishing is in protected waters, a short ride from the cruise ship dock. No matter your skill level, you will fish like a local with a halibut rod and reel in your hands, working the sandy flats, drifting with the current and jigging in waters as deep as 300 feet. Spend the day with an experienced Alaskan guide in pursuit of the elusive halibut, learning the secrets of fishing circle hooks, working the tides, and the excitement of battling your leviathan. Fully outfitted and accompanied by a local guide, your only job will be to catch a halibut – a job that requires a little patience, a steady jigging arm, and perseverance at the reel.
- Minimum age is 5.
- Participants may not exceed 300 lbs.
- Please remember you are purchasing the opportunity to catch fish, not a guarantee of doing so.
- A fishing license is required and can be purchased onboard your boat for $25 cash per person. Children under 16 are not required to purchase a license.
- A King Salmon fiashing license can be purchased for $15.
- Bottom fishing is done by mooching or jigging bait off the ocean floor, typically in 200-400 feet of water, while the boat is on anchor or drifting in one area.
- Each fisherman has use of their own rod and reel while fishing.
- Your catch can be processed and shipped home for an additional charge as arranged by the tour operator. Because of its perishable nature and U.S. Customs regulations, your catch may not be sent outside of the United States in most cases.