Get ready for Carnival’s brand new ship: Mardi Gras™, setting sail in 2020!
More Choices to Stay and Play
Carnival’s Excel Suites: The ultimate, luxury category of Carnival’s suites is debuting on Mardi Gras: the Excel Suites. These suites have exclusive, suite-level amenities, unlimited access to a new resort-style, and an open-air enclave called Loft 19™. Within Loft 19 guests will enjoy dedicated, concierge phone line, priority Main Dining Room time assignments, upgraded bathroom amenities and more.
Loft 19: Book an Excel Suite and enjoy access to one of Carnival’s new concepts, Loft 19. Located on the ship’s highest deck, Loft 19 is a secluded retreat designed like those of the world’s finest resorts. It has a full bar and private pool. Spacious cabanas have extras like fresh fruit, chilled towels, lunch delivery and concierge service. Carnival’s Excel Suite guests receive priority status when reserving a Loft 19 cabana.
Fun Zones: In addition to fan-favorite Carnival features, there’s even more to love that’s new on Mardi Gras. This ship is our first with distinctive zones that offer mini-onboard excursions to different “worlds” and experiences. How’s that for a ship we’re filling with the thrilling?
Here’s a quick preview of some fun highlights you’ll find across Mardi Gras’ zones:
- The French Quarter zone is our nod to New Orleans, and it features Emeril’s Bistro 1396™, the first restaurant at sea from renown chef Emeril Lagasse (BAM!).
- The Ultimate Playground zone features BOLT™: Ultimate Sea Coaster, the first roller ever on a cruise ship.
- Summer Landing delivers casual summer classics any time of year, with BBQ from Guy Fieri at Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse|Brewhouse, poolside bar The Watering Hole… plus Swirls soft serve (one of two on the ship!).
- Lido is as delicious as fans are hoping, not only debuting the RedFrog Tiki Bar™, but the first-time-fresh Street Eats, which serves up fast-good bites like empanadas, falafel and bao buns. Did we mention Big Chicken? (That’s Shaq’s place, and it’s amazing.)
New Stateroom Features on Mardi Gras
The new features aboard Mardi Gras’ staterooms will surpass expectations, providing comfortable and stylish spaces regardless of which category guests choose.
- Pull-out storage bins and baskets
- Storage ottoman with a top that transforms into a tray or table
- Large lighted mirror for multiple people to use at once
- Multiple USB ports and plugs to accommodate all devices
- Flexible recessed bedside reading lights that won’t disturb others sleeping in the stateroom
- New bath design details including a shaving bar in the shower
- The sofa transforms into a comfortable bed with the quick flip of your wrist
In addition to the newest Excel Suite concept, our Mardi Gras has all the other exceptionally comfortable stateroom categories you’ve come to expect on our other ships: from interior, ocean view and balcony staterooms, as well as traditional suites. Staterooms feature settings that cater to everyone, whether it’s a family, a couple, yourself or a group.
Mardi Gras Stateroom Designs
Mardi Gras stateroom designs come in all styles in all locations, from interior spaces to suites. The stateroom designs include:
Havana staterooms: Havana stateroom guests have exclusive access to the Havana Bar & Pool. This stateroom features classic, Old Havana decor and is perfect for cruisers who may want to take advantage of the social aspect of the pool area. All Havana stateroom guests must be 12 or older.
Cloud 9 Spa staterooms: Ideal if you’re hoping for an extra pampering experience on your cruise, a Cloud 9 Spa™ stateroom allows quick and easy access to Cloud 9 Spa, where you can whisk yourself away for relaxation. Cloud 9 Spa staterooms are decorated in relaxing, spa-inspired colors. Perfect for couples or solo cruisers looking for the ultimate in luxury.
Family Harbor staterooms: Best for families (with kids all ages), Family Harbor staterooms are next to the Family Harbor lounge, which offers breakfast, snacks, board games and video games. Some family-friendly staterooms accommodate up to five people and have an extra bathroom. Ideal for groups who prefer connecting doors.
Mardi Gras Interior Staterooms
Mardi Gras Interior Staterooms include all the perks of the other staterooms:
- Havana Interior
- Cloud 9 Spa Interior
- Family Harbor Interior
- Premium Interior
Mardi Gras Ocean View Staterooms
Mardi Gras Ocean View Staterooms have windows for gazing out and taking in ocean views.
- Cloud 9 Spa Ocean View
- Family Harbor Ocean View
- Ocean View
Mardi Gras Balcony Staterooms
Balcony staterooms let you enjoy romantic sea breezes and stunning views, especially at night. Balcony staterooms on Mardi Gras are ideal for couples seeking privacy.
- Havana Extended Cabana
- Havana Cabana
- Cloud 9 Spa Forward-View Extended Balcony
- Cloud 9 Spa Balcony
- Cloud 9 Spa Cove Balcony
- Premium-View Extended Balcony
- Extended Balcony
- Cove Balcony
- Junior Balcony
The Suites of Mardi Gras
Suites let you stretch out and put your feet up just like you’d do at home. Along with Excel Suites, Mardi Gras includes all the suites and suite perks you’ve come to count on for an excellent experience on our other ships.
Carnival’s Excel Suites come in four categories:
Carnival Excel Presidential Suites: The two largest suites, located on Deck 17, offer spacious living, dining and sleeping areas. Enveloped by an expansive balcony and sweeping sea views, these suites feature a large sunbed and lounging area. In addition to a private, outdoor hot tub and shower, you’ll also have full access to the Cloud 9’s thermal suite and the Havana pool area.
Carnival Excel Corner Suites: These suites are located on the port and starboard sides of the ship. They feature a lounge area, a wet bar and a large wrap-around balcony with ample space for dining and relaxation.
Mardi Gras Suites on Carnival’s ships come in a variety of categories:
- Havana Cabana Corner Suite
- Havana Cabana Suite
- Family Harbor Ocean View Suite
- Cloud 9 Spa Suite
- Ocean Suite
On Mardi Gras, you won’t lack for options. To get a better idea of how the ship is designed, explore Mardi Gras deck by deck, and get to know the vessel even before you arrive on board.
Note: Onboard activities, shore excursions, and dining options may vary by ship and destination.