Today's journey begins as you arrive at the island’s largest and best-preserved Mayan Ruins, San Gervasio. Enjoy a one hour guided tour of the archaeological site as you learn important facts, cultural histories and myths of what was once the island's center of culture and religion. Next, cruise down the streets of Cozumel bordering the beautiful eastern shoreline. Circle the island and make a brief stop at Cala Mirador, famous for its magnificent rugged rock formations, lush tropical vegetation and the iridescent waters of the Caribbean. Now it’s time to tantalize your taste buds with some local treats. First, you'll experience the savory with a traditional Mayan lunch. Then get your sweet tooth ready as you sample a variety of local chocolates. Finally, what’s a visit to Mexico without some Tequila? To round out your day, enjoy some local tequila samples before heading back to your ship.
- Order of the visit may vary.
- If you are celebrating a birthday, anniversary or special occasion notify our shore excursion team once onboard.
- Per Mexican government regulations: Guests who would like to enter ruins with small video cameras will be charged $4.00.
- Professional video equipment is not permitted.
- Regular cameras are permitted.
- Children 5 and under are free.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Bring cash/card for your own expenses.