Explore the world famous Mayan ruins of Chichén Itzá, one of the most important archeological sites and ancient ruins in the world. To kick off this exciting excursion, arrive at the mainland and then board an air-conditioned motor coach for a narrated and informative 2-hour ride to the ancient ruins. On your way to Chichén Itzá, you'll capture the beauty of the Yucatan Peninsula. Once you arrive, you'll find Chichén Itzá beckoning for you to come close and learn about its history and cultural significance. One of the new 7 wonders of the world, this ancient ruins was a central part of the Mayan culture. Our personalized and attentive service during your exclusive tour will make this day one of the highlights of your cruise. Our certified guides will take you to the massive Kukulkan pyramid, "El Castillo", located at the center of Chichén Itzá. After you visit the Ceremonial Center, feel free to walk around the site on your own, capture memories and explore the ancient ruins.
- Total time at the site is 45-50 minutes.
- Box Lunch of ham and cheese baguette, chips, cookie and soda/bottled water are included, additional snacks are available to purchase on the ferry boat.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat.
- Tour takes place on the mainland and includes a return private 45 minute ferry ride from Cozumel.
- The Mexican government will collect US $4 from guests who wish to take video with a Video Camera, GoPro or Tablet at the ruins. No tripods, drones or professional video equipment is permitted.
- See notes at the end of the book for further information.