The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*
This exciting tour combines a “whale sightseeing guaranteed” cruise with Alaska’s finest wilderness salmon bake. After a motor coach ride to Auke Bay board an Alaskan built expedition vessel specially designed for wildlife viewing. Relax in the warm, comfortable cabin surrounded by large windows as you cruise the scattered island waters of Stephen's Passage. This area is world-renowned as a favored summer feeding ground for humpback whales.
Once whales are sighted, the skilled captain will maneuver the vessel for a closer view and take photos of the graceful giants slowly arching their massive tail flukes into the air. Don’t forget a camera and a warm jacket to wear on the topside observation deck. The whales are often close enough to hear them breathe! A naturalist will explain the behavior and habitat of the humpback whales and other wildlife you may encounter which includes killer whales, Steller sea lions, Dall's porpoise, harbor seals, bald eagles and more.
Next take a leisurely break from cruising ashore at Orca Point Lodge on beautiful Colt Island. Enjoy a feast which includes fresh-grilled Alaskan salmon, chicken, seasonal vegetables, rice pilaf, cole slaw, rolls and desserts. The lodge offers peaceful seclusion with modern comforts in the remote wilderness. Wear comfortable walking shoes. Stroll along the beach or visit the marine life "touch pool" before boarding the vessel for the return cruise to Auke Bay.
- Sightings of whales are guaranteed!
- A salmon bake lunch is included.
- Dress in warm layers and bring a rainproof jacket to go on the vessel’s observation deck and outdoors at the lodge.
- A special dietary requirement can be provided with at least 24-hrs advance notice.
- The tour is wheelchair accessible.
- The combined weight of guests and mobility device cannot exceed 600 lbs. Mobility devices must have a max length of 4 ft, a max width of 2.7 ft and a min ground clearance of 0.29 ft. A 24-hrs advance notice must be given to the tour operator.