Being the first capital Kingdom of Hawaii, Lahaina has plenty of historical significance to boast about. See and hear about a fascinating blend of influences covering Hawaiian history such as missionaries and immigrant plantation life. Head off the beaten track to see some hidden gems, including the Jodo Mission, which highlights the influence of Chinese and Japanese immigrants on Maui and houses a 12-foot-tall copper and bronze statue of Amida Buddha--the largest of its kind outside Japan.
- Wear closed-toe shoes and loose, comfortable clothing.
- Dress for warm weather. Bring sunscreen and bottled water.
- Safety reflective vests and helmets are provided.
- Photos and videos from your tour are available for purchase.
- Minimum age is 10 years. Minimum weight is 85lbs; maximum weight is 260lbs.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride.
- Pregnant women are not allowed to participate.
- Waiver must be signed and medical conditions disclosed.
- Participants must be able to step on and off a Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without the support of a handrail or other walking aid.