What’s your favorite way to serve up eggs? I’ve always loved Huevos Rancheros and even more so after the Carnival cruise I went on recently….
While on board the ship I enjoyed Huevos Rancheros as often as I could. This recipe can easily be adapted with any veggies & proteins you like!
Isn’t that blue water gorgeous?!
Below is a photo of the eggs I enjoyed on the cruise…..I told ya. They were amazing! Seasoned perfectly with Mexican spices & fresh pico de gallo. They used pinto beans & served the dish with a few delicious salsas. One of my favorites was a smoky chipotle sauce.
After I had this for brunch on the ship, I would lie out on the decks and enjoy the bright sunshine & the blue Caribbean Sea. It was the ultimate way to unwind & relax!
This recipe takes hardly any time to prepare, so it’s perfect for when you are entertaining, or trying to feed the family a quick & healthy meal!
What could be better than runny, drippy eggs….
All you need to do is season & heat up some black beans. Top them with some fresh tomato & avocado salad. Then that runny, drippy egg!
Top that with feta, goat or queso cheese & sliced green onion.
What you end up with is breakfast or brunch perfection. Great for dinner too….
If you go on a Carnival cruise any time soon be sure to try their huevos rancheros. You will be very pleased you did!
- 4-8 corn tortillas
- olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 large eggs
- crumbled goat or feta cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded & cut into small pieces
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- garlic salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- fresh cilantro
- hot sauce
- Mix the tomatoes & avocado with lemon juice. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan, add the black beans & 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro. Cook a few minutes until warm.
- Heat a splash of oil in another pan, warm the tortillas one at a time for 30 seconds over medium heat. Add some more oil & cook eggs sunny side up or over easy.
- Assemble: Plate the tortillas (I like to stack 2 at a time) top with black beans, tomato/avo salad & eggs. Finish with some cheese, green onion & chopped cilantro.
Huevos Rancheros Recipe Links
- Huevos Rancheros Bake Bakers Royale
- Huevos Rancheros Casserole The Sensuist
- Huevos Rancheros Nachos The Woks of Life
- Huevos Rancheros Pizza I Eat Therefore I Cook
- Huevos Rancheros with Posada Corazon’s Pasilla Chile Sauce Fool Proof Living
- Huevos Rancheros Adore Foods
This post was created as part of my collaboration with Carnival. As always, all of the opinions, thoughts, and ideas in this post are my own.