The top 10 cruise destinations for 2019 are must-sees whether you’re on your first cruise or your fifth. There’s always something unique to explore on a Carnival Cruise, and this year is no exception. In addition to new, fun, state-of-the-art luxury cruise ships to explore in the Carnival fleet, numerous ports of call and shore excursions are just waiting to be experienced. Take a look at these vacation hot spots to find your next grand adventure.
Aruba’s Happy Island
Aruba certainly has stunning white sand beaches and warm waters, but there’s more to this stretch of land that the locals call “happy island.” It’s known as the wreck diving capital of the Caribbean and is a mecca for scuba divers.
- Dive: Cruise to Aruba to explore the Antilla, a German freighter and the largest wreck in the Caribbean, and the (Certification required.)
- Ride: Explore more of the island by sub, Segway or sail. Dive deep without getting wet on a unique submarine adventure, go off-road on the beaches on a Segway or admire the coastline sailing on a catamaran.
Bermuda’s Tiny Slice of Heaven
A dreamy mix of pink sand and turquoise waters, Bermuda is a British-inspired paradise for all ages.
- Shipwrecks and Caves: Curious about the Bermuda Triangle? Take the Shipwreck Snorkel tour and come back with some interesting stories to tell. You could also visit Bermuda’s famed underground Crystal Caves, full of stunning natural formations.
- SNUBA: Learn to SNUBA, the patented shallow-water diving system that’s safe and easy but still has all the excitement of diving. Once you learn to SNUBA, you can do it anywhere in the Caribbean.
Cozumel’s Coral Reef
Cruise to Mexico to visit a just-right-sized island where you can experience everything without the fear of missing out. Your Carnival ship docks right at the heart of Cozumel so you’re only minutes away from shops, beaches and coral reef diving excursions.
- Reefs: The number of snorkel and dive tours makes it tough to choose. Try the Three Reef Snorkel by boat and the Mesoamerican reef barrier to explore various dive sites.
- Ruins: Tour the Ancient City of Tulum, the archeological site of San Gervasio and the Chichen Itza Mayan Ruins, all major locations in Mayan history and civilization. Visit Xcaret Eco-Archaeological Park to explore the underwater ruins.
Ensenada’s Wine Country
Cruise over to the exquisite, rugged coastline of Ensenada to enjoy a seaside getaway that was once a favorite hideaway for high-profile celebrities. Now it’s one of Mexico’s popular destinations for those interested in wine production and tastings.
- Adventures in Wine: Take the Blow Hole & Wine Tasting tour to the Bodegas de Santo Tomas winery and La Bufadora, or set out on an ATV tour of the Guadalupe Valley countryside that takes you through vineyards before culminating in a tasting like no other.
- Perfect Pairings: Enter Calafia Valley to tour and sample two of the area’s famed wineries and take home a free bottle of wine. Can’t get enough of Ensenada’s wine? Book the VIP Wine Tasting and Pairing for the ultimate picnic.
Grand Turk’s Beach Oasis
If swimming in sparkling turquoise waters on an enchanting island is your idea of fun, cruise to Grand Turk of Caicos Islands. It’ll be tough to decide whether to stay on land or in the water.
- Beach Adventures: Horseback ride on land and in the ocean on this unique adventure for cruisers six years old and up. Stay at a private beach house on a beach of crystal azure waters.
- Street Adventures: Explore Grand Turk’s famed streets on a Segway, grab an electric Hummer for a tour or take the iconic Rainbow Calypso Island Tram to sightsee the entire 7.5-mile island.
Havana’s Colorful Culture
Cruise to Cuba and explore 500 years of this Caribbean island’s historic architecture, narrow backstreets and waterfront boulevards. Sailings leave from multiple ports including Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale, New York, Norfolk, Port Canaveral, Tampa and Miami. Plus, Carnival works hand-in-hand with the U.S. and Cuban governments to meet all requirements.
- Local Life: Get to know local culture and cuisine on the 10 Best of Havana all-day tour, or discover a different side of life touring the Cuban countryside on the Las Terrazas full-day adventure.
- Old Havana: Walk in Ernest Hemingway’s shoes to see why he fell in love with Old Havana. Tour one of his homes, spend time on the coast of Cojimal or meet-and-greet local residents working on the Cabildo Quisicuaba project.
- Entertainment: Get a taste of Havana’s sultry nightlife at the Parisian Cabaret at Hotel Nacional or at the legendary, glamourous Tropicana cabaret.
Key West’s Relaxed Vibe
Life is a party when you cruise over to the relaxed Caribbean vibe found in the Florida Keys. Walk down streets with cheery, painted bungalows and tropical flowers and find your place in the sun.
- Water Fun: From kayaking and jet skiing to parasailing and gentle SNUBA diving, you can experience Key West’s breathtaking beaches both above and below the water.
- In Town: Take advantage of the famed Key West trolley for a Hop On/Hop Off tour that explores the island, including the best historic and eccentric must-see locations.
Montego Bay’s Reggae Rhythms
Cruise to Jamaica’s Mo Bay (its beloved nickname) to let your hair down in this festive, mysterious, laid back culture.
- Local Culture: Head to a remote local village and learn about the Rastafari movement, or enjoy a day in the resort community of Negril to catch a reggae concert.
- Estates: Visit magnificent historical parts of Montego Bay, including the Croydon Plantation, Appleton Estate for rum tours and the haunted Rose Hall.
Ocho Rios for Resorts and Sports
Cruise to Ocho Rios to enjoy the best of Jamaica. Ocho Rios is known for its world-class resorts and water sports.
- Resort Life: Spend the day at 5-star Riu resort, or hang out at an exclusive retreat on the beach for the ultimate in relaxation.
- Adventure Life: Go on a river tubing and tree canopy ziplining adventure around the island, or go bobsledding around the island above the trees and around Dunn’s River Falls.
- Animal Life: Get to know the animal life on Ochos Rios on a horseback ride and swim that includes swimming with dolphins.
St. Thomas’ Magnificent Waters
- Photos Opps: For some of the best snapshots, take the St. Thomas Skyride to Paradise Point 700 feet above sea level for spectacular views. Custom vehicles equipped for limited mobility and wheelchair access are also available when you want to see panoramic views of the island.
- Sunset Cruise: Relax as you float down the Charlotte Amalie harbor at sunset on a champagne cruise.
A vacation aboard a Carnival ship is designed to be one of the best highlights of your year. Treat yourself and your family to one of the top places to visit in 2019 by cruising with Carnival and taking advantage of unforgettable shore excursions.