Cruising isn’t just for kids, families and singles. If you’re over 55, it’s your time to get out there, enjoy the adventure of the high seas and experience shore excursions you’ve only dreamed about. Today’s cruises include crowds that are diverse in interests, ages and activity levels. Carnival has itineraries for some of the best cruises, not to mention Carnival’s senior cruise discounts and deals, designed to ignite everyone’s passions and pursuits.
To narrow down your cruise options, consider your preferences when it comes to ship size and ambiance, ideal destination, onboard activities and stateroom configurations.
It’s Your Time: Choose How You Want to Cruise
Do you prefer a smaller, more relaxed and intimate ship or a larger one where there’s non-stop action for all ages? You may appreciate a smaller ship because there’s less square-footage to navigate. You may also love the lively and diverse fun of Carnival’s family-friendly cruises, too, especially if you’re part of a multi-generational family vacation. The size of the ship you choose is an important part of an enjoyable cruise.
For example, if you’re planning a longer voyage, you might prefer a larger ship, like Carnival’s new Mardi Gras™. Larger ships have more adults-only spaces and places to find time alone. You’ll also find more dining, entertainment and activities options on larger ships.
If you prefer a shorter sail to a destination such as Mexico, you’ll enjoy one of Carnival’s smaller ships. A smaller ship offers a more intimate sailing experience and also means you’ll likely see many of the same passengers during your trip.
It’s Your Time: Choose Your Destination
It’s finally the right time to dust off your bucket list and check off places you’ve dreamed of seeing up close and personal. Close your eyes and imagine the following:
- Embrace the luxury of taking a longer cruise than you might if vacationing with kids or grandkids. That’s what Carnival Journeys cruises are all about. Journeys are extended cruises to more exotic, less traveled locations, such as Eastern Caribbean destinations, the Panama Canal, Hawaii or Alaska’s Glacier Bay.
- You’ve never seen Europe this way before. Take a Mediterranean cruise to coastal towns in Italy, Spain, Croatia and France. Or choose an itinerary across Northern Europe where you’ll encounter the beauty of Norway, Scotland and Ireland.
- If you’ve harbored visions of visiting the exotic lands across the Pacific, you’re in for a Transpacific treat. Depart from Los Angeles and choose destinations including Maui, Honolulu, Vietnam, Singapore or East Malaysia’s Kota Kinabalu.
It’s Your Time: Choose Your Own Itinerary
Ah, the freedom of planning an excursion that’s all about what you want to do. If you prefer shore excursions, such as fishing, shopping, horseback riding, golfing or simply relaxing on one of the world’s most beautiful beaches, you’re in luck when you take a cruise that offers all that and more. But seniors are in for an additional treat. The array of fun and fascinating shore excursions available, many of which are wheelchair accessible, is one of the best reasons why seniors should take a cruise:
- Cruise to Alaska and experience the Saxman Native Village Tour, witness the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show or go all out and discover glaciers by helicopter.
- Cruise to The Bahamas and tour the beauty of Nassau Island aboard an ADA accessible van or go horseback riding in Half Moon Cay.
- Sail to the Eastern Caribbean and drive through St. Kitts’ historic capital, Basseterre, in an accessible vehicle, or relax on a luxury catamaran while sailing in unspoiled waters.
- Cruise to Cozumel, Mexico and experience a Mayan Ball Game and lunch or fulfill your dream of swimming with dolphins.
- Travel to the Cayman Islands and tour Grand Cayman in an air-conditioned accessible van or do the unthinkable and stroll underwater on the unique Sea Trek
- Cruise to Spain and tour the majestic scenery of Mallorca’s mountains and coastline by accessible coaches or take a Vintage Train Ride through Sóller Village.
It’s Your Time: Choose Your Onboard Passion
There’s more to do on board Carnival ships that’ll make you feel like a kid again. Or you can simply rest and relax the whole way through. Here’s a sampling of what you can do:
- Play the slots till you drop in Carnival’s onboard casinos.
- Enrich yourself by learning new recipes from Carnival’s chefs during cooking demonstrations and going to that art seminar you’ve always wanted to take.
- Let out your biggest laughs at The Punchliner Comedy Club.
- Watch Broadway-worthy stage shows and musicals, or sing your heart out during Lip Sync Battle™: Carnival or at the Piano Bar on all ships.
- Rest up in the blissfully quiet Serenity Adult-Only Retreat™.
- Indulge in dozens of new or favorite cuisines on board, including celebrity eateries brought to you by Guy Fieri widely available on many ships, and creole chef Emeril Lagasse’s Emeril’s Bistro1396™ on Mardi Gras™. Dine in traditional elegance in your ship’s Main Dining Room or at the Steakhouse. Or create delicious, healthy salads with nearly a dozen greens and plenty of toppings at Fresh Creations.
It’s Your Time: Choose How You Celebrate the Holidays
It’s your turn to cruise through the holidays this year. Celebrate with an extra-special serving of holiday spirit by planning an October, November or December cruise:
- October: Thinking of a memorable way to plan a multigenerational trip? Every age will love the way Carnival celebrates Halloween throughout the month of October, complete with costume parties, trick-or-treating, pumpkin carving and, for you, adult-only events.
- November: A Funtastic Thanksgiving cruise means you’ll spend more time enjoying the holiday rather than prepping, cooking and cleaning for Turkey Day. Sit down to a traditional turkey dinner in a not-so-traditional setting.
- December: A Funtastic Christmas cruise is an unforgettable holiday on the high seas for seniors. Sail on a ship decked out from bow to stern with Christmas lights, wreaths, and trees and Hanukkah menorahs — and you don’t have to lift a finger to decorate. Or ring in the New Year at one of the best parties of all time during a Funtastic New Year’s Eve cruise.
It’s Your Time: Choose Your Luxury Stateroom
Decide what type of stateroom best suits your personality. If you’re traveling with family, consider connecting cabins and family suites. Here are two options (there are plenty more, though) on Carnival ships that are tailor-made for seniors:
- Relax to the max with a Cloud 9 Spa™ stateroom. Your floating spa experience starts with your room that’s decked out with amenities, priority spa reservations, free fitness classes and unlimited access to the popular thermal suites as well as the hydrotherapy pool on certain ships.
- Carnival welcomes seniors with physical challenges and mobility limitations. Choose from four types of specially accessible staterooms that offer designs and amenities for various needs.
A vacation aboard a Carnival ship is designed to give seniors an experience of a lifetime. Treat yourself to the vacation you’ve earned with a Carnival cruise.
Note: Onboard activities, shore excursions, and dining options may vary by ship and destination.